PRIVACY NOTICE – TRAINING PROVIDERS
Diamond Advisory Services Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “DAS”) is a data controller of your personal data and is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). This Privacy Notice explains how DAS collects and uses your personal data. If you are asked to provide information to us, it will only be used in the ways described in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is updated from time-to-time. The latest version is published on www.diamondadvisoryservices.co.uk. If you have any questions about this policy, please e-mail email@example.com
What type of data do we collect?
We may collect a range of data which includes, but may not be limited to:
- the names, and contact information such as address, email address and telephone number, and your UK Residency status;
- Specifically for teaching and training delivery staff, information relating to your education and employment history together with information concerning relevant work experience. As part of DAS’s due diligence function, it will also collect any further relevant information that the Funder may require.
How do we collect your personal data?
- Your data is provided to us by your current employer.
How do we use your personal data?
- We will use your personal data as part of a due diligence check on behalf of the Funder. The Funder will expect any training delivery to meet its standard and, as such, will need personal data to ensure delivery will meet the necessary standard. This will usually take the form of a CV
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Our staff, agents and Funders where there is a legitimate reason for their receiving the information
- government departments and agencies where we have a statutory obligation to provide information (e.g. Department of Education, the Educational and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA))
Changes to your personal data
- Please tell us promptly about any changes to the information we hold about you. This is particularly important for your contact details.
How secure is the information?
- We take precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information systems on which your personal information is stored and we require our suppliers and service providers to protect your personal information by contractual means.
How long your information is kept?
- Subject to any other notices that we may provide to you, we may retain your personal data for a period of six years after your association with us has come to an end. However, some information including core learner data, may be retained indefinitely by us for statistical purposes.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data. You also have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- to require us not to send you marketing communications.
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal data;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a readable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on 0330 002 0619 or by post: Diamond Advisory Services, BBIC., Innovation Way, Wilthorpe, Barnsley, S75 1JL